Saturday, September 7, 2019
Nowadays, PHP used for both 'Personal Home Page' and 'Professional Home Page' development of website applications and pages.
- Simple: easy-to-use
- Open Source: free
- Server-side scripting language: Applications runs on a server. The code contains HTML and PHP code placed between '<?PHP' and end '?>' tags.
- Programming Style: Procedural or Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Powerful: fast to implement, logics and commands similar to C language
- Development Environment: Linux, UNIX (HP UX, Open BSD, Solaris) Windows, Mac OS, RISC OS
- Supported Web Servers: Apache, IIS, FastCGI (Lighttpd & Nginx)
- Flexible: Almost 75% of websites are designed using PHP which includes Facebook, Yahoo
- Web Development Features: dynamic content, sending & receiving cookies.
- Database Support: Supports a wide range of databases and its functions like MySQL to retrieve, edit, delete, and many-more operations. Supports Abstraction layer such as PDO or database connect using Open Database connection via ODBC. Connect to other databases via cURL or sockets like CouchDB.
- Support connections with other servers to create raw network connections using protocols like HTTP, LDAP, IMAP, NNTP, PoP3
- Writing desktop applications using graphical interface
- Word Processing or Text Processing which includes regular expressions, XML document interpretation and access. Generate and display text from XHMTL or XML files.
- Advanced Features: Can work as a web-server module or CGI interpreter, executing code using Cron-tables in Linux or Task Scheduler on Windows (such scripts run from the command line using PHP interpreter), create image & PDF files, make video adjustments.